Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Showing signs of "The Terrible Two"

That is what I heard from my mom that once a child turns two, they turn to their extreme uncontrollable moods. I don't think my little Marc can wait anymore. He is showing signs already......staying at home with a child is really hard work especially when they throw tantrums. He has been rebellious ....maybe he is bored or he is experimenting his emotion, I really don't know what are the reasons. Some of the scenes can be terrible. Like yesterday, I told him "No" to not throw his toys so hard on the floor but he wouldn't listen. Then later in the evening during his dinner time, he will munch on his food and spit out onto the floor. The worst is he will step on the "half-processed" food which is already on the floor. If I don't wipe the mess right away, he will use his hands to wipe all over the floor. Then you will hear me screaming with my "not so much hair" on my head standing in alarmed.......argggh.... then I have to wash him up right away.....plonked him on his cot and finish cleaning the floor before attempt to feed him again or I will eat the leftover myself. He just can't sit still while he is feeding, he prefer to walk about and feed at the same time. Oh dear me, please give me more strength to deal with this toddler.

But I am not always at war with my son. Sometimes, he can be sweet, cute and obedient .....but other times.....ohhh I can't imagine....

Then I read something which is very useful online, this could help mothers to soothe their temperamental kiddos :

Twenty Alternatives to Punishment - http://www.awareparenting.com/twenty.htm

I can't imagine how all the "Ah mahs" do in the olden days when they don't have internet to seek for professional or experienced information.





Tags: obedient, discipline, toddler throwing tantrums, parenting

No comments:

Post a Comment