Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mommy at home doing the sales talk

It just struck me when I am spoon feeding little Marc that I imagined myself as a sales lady wearing an apron, a small cup containing milk on my hand and flashing my robotic fake smile saying "try milk, try milk, buy milk, buy milk". I guess I am associating myself feeding little Marc with sales talking him into finishing his food.


I hear myself repeatedly saying "mam mam" (meaning to say eat your food) to little Marc as though I am selling my food. Ohh and that is not it, if the food is not colorful enough or not up to his taste, he will not open his mouth anymore for another spoonful, as though he is telling me to come next time with better things to sell.

But because I am his mother, he will entertain me with a few spoons before turning them away.

This tells that there is no escape from the art of selling even when we are minding our children. Maybe I should go and get myself a book on that subject.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment