Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Flying Food.....


Yikes! He eats from his bowl with a spoon. Then he uses his fingers to mash the food in the bowl. He eat some more with his spoon. Then saw tiny bits of green vegetables, he picked it up and throw it on the floor.

After that it was followed by bits of food raining from his fingers and finally when he finishes with his food, he caps his bowl on top of his head. I have tried firmly to say “no” to him while looking him straight in the eye, but the more I say “no” the more he rain food on the floor. This disaster has been going on with my baby since he is 12 months old. He is going to be 18 months soon but the situation doesn’t improve. He is truly a rascal. Could he be bored with his food? playful? teething? Or could it be my food is horrible to him? Gosh!..i hope it’s not my food.

Then suddenly last Sunday it hit me that I have read once in a book that if a toddler plays with his food, the food should be removed immediately to make him understand that the behaviour is not tolerable. Then give him back his food when he asks for it again and see how it goes. It just worked. I was wondering why I didn’t think of it earlier and to think of how many times I have wasted wiping the mess a dozen times in a day. My fingers are all dry and rough from the amounts of washing that I do. All the mess took me half an hour to clean.

Well it’s for sure that the mess is cut down by 80% now. I considered it a good improvement after so many months of “flying food” adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment