Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dairus Rucker- "It won't Be Like This For Long"

I heard this song from Oprah Winfrey’s show when I tune in to yesterday’s morning TV program. I seldom listen to a country song but this one sung by Darius Rucker (from the Hootie and the Blowfish) is different. It is easy listening and the lyrics are beautiful but a bit touchy thinking I am in the same situation. He sang about the life phases as a parent and watching his kid grow from a baby to when she gets old and then she will just flew out from his arms.

Don’t you all feel the same way? I mean when I was young I have so many great and happy memories being with my parents and siblings but when I am on my own, having my own family, I somehow feel I have lost part of them. The only thing that survived is my memories when I am with them as a family, living in the same house… all the chats and laughs.

I think it will break my heart if one day my baby is going to grow up not depending on me anymore. I can imagine when he grow up, he will have his own life, busy with work, friends and hobby and what was left for me as an old folk is to find my own personal interest in replace of my children. So to all of you…do cherish your moments with your young love ones before they are ready to take off….. C'est la vie!



Video Credit: QTV (http://www.cbc.ca/q/)


Tags: Dairus Rucker, Hootie and the Blowfish, Children Grow up,it won't be like this for long,music, country music, country song

No comments:

Post a Comment