Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chinese New Year With Much Stress and a Bore!

I don't know whether it is my age of getting older or whether it is the timing for Chinese New Year that is not right this year. First, our house did some minor renovation for a few days before Chinese New Year where we have to clean up the dusts and dirts in the house, not to mention the house preparation for the Chinese New Year. It is all very tiring and stressful having the house cleaned up for guests to visit. It adds more to the stress thinking about all the stuff (unopened boxes since we moved) occupying rooms that were meant for my son's room and guest room.

Then we spent two days mingling with our parents, in-laws and relatives. And another two days we spent at home recuperating. The wet market is closed for a few days and the streets are all very quiet. The other headache is giving "ang pows", to make sure they are enough. Chinese New Year is not as fun as when I am in my younger and cheeky days where I get to wear new clothes, collect lots of "ang pows" from uncles and aunties, lots of favourite food to eat, fireworks, chatting and running around with my cousins. For a second , I thought that life would be different for my son because he won't get as many cousins like I use to have because not many of us have more than 2 children nowadays. Well, those were the days!

The only thing I find rewarding is eating Chinese New Year cookies but it also mean I could gain a few pounds of weight. Then I will look more like an aunty. Sigh!


I saw this nice mural on the wall when we go shopping at the newly opened SS2 mall.


And for this Chinese New Year, I found my favourite cookie. It's a chocolate mixed with cornflakes and peanuts with crunchy biscuit in the middle. I can finish the whole bottle in one day.





I will try to make this cookie myself in one of these days.......





My treasure......and I don't leave any crumbs behind.




Tags: Chinese New Year, biscuits, events, family


No comments:

Post a Comment