Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Zombie Push Cart



I was at the vegetable stall looking for some parsley when I feel a tug or someone trying to push my handbag which was at the back of me. I turned around and saw a lady in her 60’s trying to push her cart in between me and another cart. I thought she was rude because she could have open her mouth and say “excuse me” rather than keep on pushing as though she is trying to clean a gunk of sewage from the water pipe. Lucky my bag didn’t get snapped from me. I said “Hey” and she still keep on pushing without looking at me. For a second I thought she must have come out from the zombie land or maybe suddenly I turned into a super powerful “Invisible Woman” (that will be nice but not in this circumstance) because she never looked at me once. Her face is cold and expressionless and she looked straight ahead as though everybody else is invisible.

So I just forcefully pull my bag and walk out of it to give her way and still she doesn’t look at me. That is so plain rude.

A nice looking auntie like her with spectacle and decently dressed really deceive people into thinking she is a nice and polite lady with a lot more civility than most of the young people here. But turn out she is the other kind.

I mean I always thought that the older we got the wiser we will be and of course when it comes to simple rules of politeness it is an easy finger snapping task.

I know I couldn’t avoid people like that but I do hope it’s only 1% in the world and it is not growing like cancer.




Tags: rude people, push cart, shopping centre

1 comment:

  1. Did you even bother to ask if she was okay? Maybe there was something wrong with her. Older people suffer from problems with their mind like dymentia. Not that it matters now but, I think that you were being rude by assuming she was being rude...

    ReplyDelete