Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Big O Doggy!

I don’t know what is wrong with me, first the push cart incident yesterday and now I had a huge doggy fright this morning. Ok read through my words again. It is “doggy fright” and not “doggy fight”. If it is a doggy fight, you won’t see me blogging any longer. I could be missing an ear or some parts of my skin.




I don’t know, is it because that now I have a child and since their safety is my priority that suddenly I have fear for dogs? Or is it because of the recent news of dog attacking human?



This morning is a perfect morning to take my toddler son to go to the park because he woke up very early today. So, after pointing to the sky, the birds, the trees and baby talk about things in the park, we set to walk back home again. The morning breeze is absolutely refreshing today. This is the first morning I took my son for a walk since we moved. Yep! I know I should have taken him to the park more often but I am still juggling with the new environment after 3 months. I am a slow learner you see.



I was walking back carrying my toddler when I notice a lady walking a dog with a leash on her hand on the opposite direction. I feel my hair fang out like the tentacles of an ant signaling that that could be an oncoming danger to my son. My eyes were hooked on that big giant golden retriever although I know that golden retrievers don’t have a history of human attack but yet I have to be cautioned. I mean that dog certainly look very gigantic to me that I feel so small and vulnerable.



All of a sudden the dog changed its mood and keeps on wanting to pounce out of the owner’s hand. Finally she released it and the dog charged towards our direction. In my heart I was thinking both me and my toddler will be a goner.



How could the owner do that? Turn out the dog wanted to greet the ladies walking behind me and not to pounce on me or my toddler. I had such a fright that I began to see the danger of walking to the park. The lady even have the heart to smile (I don’t know at me or her friends behind).



I should think that no matter how safe you think your dog is, never to let go the leash because it could pose danger to other people especially kids. I had a negative impression on that owner; that she is not considerate enough. But what can I say? Each and every one of us lived within our own world that we can’t be considerate enough to suit everyone. But isn’t this situation obvious enough for some consideration?



Oh well, there will be no more walking to the park. I think it will be better to drive there although it is such a short distance.




Tags: near dog attack, afraid of dogs, golden retriever.


No comments:

Post a Comment