Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

KLM Charity Tulip Sale 8th May 2010



I have always love tulips but never seen the real one. So,last saturday, I had the opportunity to participate for the first time in the KLM charity tulip sale. I arrived at the concourse, sungai wang with my husband and baby about 10.30am and the queue was already very long.

Maybe I should make it very very early next year if I plan to go.




It took us about one hour to queue, to make donations and queue somemore for someone to attend to us and finally time to choose tulips.

Each tulip costs RM 5 each and RM 10 for the limited edition dark purple "Black Hero".

Rabobank and Dutch Bank will each contribute RM1 for each flower so as to make it affordable for us to purchase at RM5. The proceeds from the sale will be donated to UMMC Children's Cancer Fund.




When my turn comes, most of the beautiful tulips are already taken. The ones that were left looks like they need some freshen up with water. I took the last stalk of Black Hero (that was what the staff told me) and chooses a few stalks. All the colours are beautiful but I especially like the white ones.

                                       

Once I got home I took this picture and send it to my friends to wish them Happy Mother's Day. I've got 3 bundles of those tulips.One for myself and the others,i've given them each to my mother-in-law and my mother.
  


The flowers seems to be a bit exhausted....




The instruction to care for the tulips was given in the wrappings. How thoughtful....




Instantly those tulips look fresh when I place them in a jar of water.



They still look pretty on Monday but today they all withered away. I Googled over the internet and found that Tulips generally means perfect love. Black tulips on the other hand, symbolizes power and strength.

                 


No comments:

Post a Comment