Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Reuse & Recycle: Don’t throw away your receipts


It took an average of 24 trees to produce a ton of papers. And rainforests which were once covered 14% of the earth’s land is now reduced to 6%. This is an alarming finding.

Can you imagine a world without trees? What about the future of our children? How about our ecosystem?

If our children are still alive then, then they have to go to the museum to see what a tree looks like. I certainly don’t want this to happen. But what strength do I have but to be conscious about the daily living that will have an effect on the environment.

Let us preserve whatever that is still beautiful for our future.

And so I found the usefulness of the receipts that were given when we make a purchase.

I use the back of the receipts which are mostly blank to write down my grocery list. Sometimes, I also use it to write meaningful quotes or reminders and keep it in my purse.

“The earth we abuse and the living things we kill will, in the end, take their revenge; for in exploiting their presence we are diminishing our future.” ~Marya Mannes, More in Anger, 1958
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment