Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Reading Cookie Labels


Do you read labels when you shop for your groceries? I don’t know where I learned this but it is definitely from a book that I read (I can’t remember which book).



Nowadays I don’t buy many things off the shelves because there are too many unknown ingredients in them.



I bought this box of crackers mainly because of the imprints “Multigrain cracker”- I am always into healthy biscuits.
I think this biscuits have less unknown ingredients as compared to others. And it is not too sweet too.







But I wonder what is this Ammonium Bicarbonate (E503) ? I found out from Google search that it is actually commercial salt. My thought was, was it harmful? According to this website it is safe.





I’ve tried this biscuit from Mcvitie’s too. They are yummy but a bit too sweet for my liking. The good thing is they have a more detailed ingredients. They will tell you how much percentage of rolled oats and whole wheat flour they used in their biscuits.




Sorry….was thinking of taking pictures on the looks of those biscuits but I have already finished them all. None is left! :p






















Tags: reading food labels, cookie labels, food ingredients



No comments:

Post a Comment