Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blackstrap Molasses Granola Bar




This is great for breakfast and snack for my son. He loves the granola bar. But they are expensive if you buy it off the shelf but if you make it, it is way much cheaper. A commercial granola bar costs about RM1 ++. If you have one everyday, in one month it will cost RM30++. This will really blow my budget. Anyway, I have a look around online and found an easy recipe for this with a bit modification. Check out this photo:

I think it took me half an hour. You just need to mix the dry ingredients which comprises of oats, sunflower seeds, cashew nut or any other nuts that you like and mix it together before you toast them. Then you simmer the blackstrap mollasses and brown sugar together for awhile until well combined. Lastly, you mixed all together with raisins and pour them in a square pan; compress them on the pan and let it chill in the fridge for 2 or 3 hours then walllaaa you have a delicious granola bar. But one thing about my recipe, I find it a bit too sweet. Next time I am going to cut down on both brown sugar and blackstrap mollasses or replace with honey.


If you would like the recipe:

2 cups of oats
3/4 cups sunflower seeds
1 cup of crushed cashew nuts
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of blackstrap molasses
4 tablespoon of vegetable oil or butter
1/2 tsp salt
some dried mixed fruits



Tags: snacks for kids, breakfast granola, homemade granola, granola bar recipe, homemade granola recipe





No comments:

Post a Comment