Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sick Month of April


That is right. All three of us, my husband, me and my baby all down with flu. And who gets the worst sickness? Me. I was so dissappointed because I thought I have a better immune system.

I have never thought that being a stay-at-home mum could be this tough when one is sick. I was so sick that I just want to curl up on the bed and sleep the whole day. But that cannot happen because I have to cook, clean and take care of the family. For that few days I only get to do minimal things like cook for my baby, clean up my baby's mess, cook dinner and pop VCDs for my baby to watch. I know he must be very bored and angry as to why his mum didn't play with him for that few days. Poor darling!

I thought I have a better immune system that I restrict myself from going to the clinic and rely solely on Manuka honey. It come to a point where my throat worsen that it feels too tight to shove down any food. Then later I shed pus at the corner of my eyes and I can't sleep because of the sickness and because I scared my two year old will be as worst as me. Turn out he has a very mild flu whereas later I had to see the doctor and was told I had a fever. I feel so defeated when I have to visit the doctor over some flu, a serious one and it also prove that my experiment on manuka honey fails. Well, I should think that manuka honey is still great. Maybe its because I ran out of it fast that I tend to take less teaspoon.

So, after two weeks recovering, I am down with a cold. But this time I recover fast enough taking more frequent manuka honey and bought a new one. This time with a stronger UMF 30+.



No comments:

Post a Comment